Orders & Returns
Whilst every effort is made by StirlingFildes to ensure our goods and services conform to the highest standards of quality, we recognise that sometimes problems may occur. If there is a problem with your delivery we need to correct it as quickly as possible to save you any further inconvenience.
StirlingFildes is under no obligation to accept goods for return (i.e. warranty, replacement or credit claim) and may refuse to at our discretion and without reason.
So that your request for return may be handled as efficiently as possible, we ask that you adhere to the following procedures at all times.
WHAT YOU MUST DO:
- It is your responsibility to check the delivery to the consignment note before signing for delivery. Any discrepancy in the number of cartons received must be noted on the consignment note. The name of the person receiving the goods must be clearly legible at all times.
- It is your responsibility to check the goods to the invoice within 72 hours of delivery.
- Delicate items must be inspected upon arrival to ensure they are intact.
- Any discrepancy, breakage, damage etc. must be notified to StirlingFildes by phone, e-mail, or fax within 72 hours of receipt, quoting invoice number, product code, date and reason. Failure to do so may result in the claim not being recognised.
GOODS for RETURN
If StirlingFildes agrees to accept goods, pursuant to the above paragraph/s, we may request that you pay for all freight/handling charges. You agree that approval or rejection for warranty claim, replacement or credit, can only be finalised once returned to StirlingFildes for assessment.
The following reasons are not valid:
- Goods rendered unsaleable due to price marking and soiling of packaging or contents, within your premises or vehicle/s, other than a fault in manufacture.
- Overstocking or deleting of goods.
- Goods that have reached expiration date provided that StirlingFildes supplied the goods with a minimum of three months expiry date.
- Goods received and held for more than three days before claim request notification.
- Unpackaged goods that left our warehouse with packaging.
- Goods not accompanied by a proof of purchase.
- Claims for damages or breakages on consignments that are sent with Australia Post or where freight insurance is not requested, or by your own freight carrier.
- Goods purchased by you from StirlingFildes over six months prior may be refused for claim.
- Where goods carry a manufactures guarantee or warrantee, the distributor, StirlingFILDES, will honour the claim under warranty only in accordance to the conditions of the said warranty or guarantee.
- The warranty or guarantee is limited to repair in the first instance. Where repair is not possible, replacement is offered or, at our discretion, a credit to the buyer for the purchase price.
- All claims under warranty or guarantee against material and/or manufacturing defects must be substantiated with the warranty card (where applicable), completed by the retailer and supported with proof of purchase.
- The buyer will assume all responsibility for freight/handling or mailing charges to and from StirlingFildes.
- StirlingFildes reserves the right to accept or deny any claim under warranty until we inspect the item.
EXCLUSIONS to a WARRANTY CLAIM include:
a) Installation error, and/or causing operational faults.
b) Misuse, abuse, lack of maintenance, negligence to and/or accident.
c) Modifications of any kind.
d) Consumer materials and moveable parts which are subject to wear and tear.
f) Parts that must be periodically replaced for normal maintenance of the good/s.
Under no circumstances will loss or damage to property, physical injury, or financial loss be entertained.
Any repairs outside the warranty period (and only where possible) will be carried out at cost. This will require acceptance by you, in writing, prior to the item being repaired. The repair charge must be pre-paid prior to repair of goods and their return.
Whilst all care is taken, StirlingFildes does not accept liability for any negligence we may have caused.
All goods must be used in strict accordance with the operating instructions.